Day 4: Ten interesting facts about me.
I love a list, and there is not much I wonâ€™t talk about, especially if the topic is all about me. Still, this was not an easy write as I wanted to make it different. I write up a similar list every year around my birthday, so of course I wonder if there is anything I can write today that anyone might find interesting? And to boot, the directions say interesting facts â€” not ideas, notions, goals or beliefsâ€¦ This particular topic is calling for facts!
Here are ten facts, I think are somewhat interesting about me.
1. I have everything in life I need. Now, because of that I constantly explore wanting and having.
2. I really want a Subaru. This makes me feel like an old man who wants a sports car or motorcycle, one who can finally afford it. The interesting fact here is, there is absolutely no reason to have one. We just got a new car. I do not need one. So, silly as it is, I really, really want one.
3. I do not fear death. In fact the thought of death comforts me. I do however fear injury, illness, and incarceration.
4. Since wearing a Fitbit, I know Iâ€™ve walked 4,023 kilometres. Interesting fact â€” this is the same distance that the monarch butterfly migrates each year.
5. I am getting used to being retired. Yet, if I were to get a job, or look for another career today, I would find work in the field of death. I would like to facilitate interesting end of life gatherings.
6. The main reason I studied Tai Chi was to get an education, I think this is also the reason I stopped.
7. Most of my shirts have food stains on the front of them. I am seriously considering wearing a bib when I eat now.
8. I am quite spoiled and really hate being told no. Lucky for me â€” this rarely happens, becauseâ€¦ uhmâ€¦ Iâ€™m quite spoiled. And only sometimes, do I ask for the unreasonable.
9. I lookÂ up and out into the world often. Living in a house with a view is the best! I find great delight in looking out the window and watching the day pass.
10. My brain gets scrambled and actually hurts, when I try to do math. Iâ€™ve been known to tear up in frustration when trying to add numbers together.
Day four done and dusted. Tomorrow topic: A place you would live but have never visited.