57 facts about ME in no particular order.
1. I am still married to Ken Parker. He is a good man and continues to entertain me. He said I never took to the leash yet, I am happily tethered to him.
2. All the critical parts of my body are intact and healthy.
3. We live debt free in a safe and beautiful environment.
4. I am a Canadian and a US Citizen and I vote.
5. I have lived 20820 days and been in a program of recovery for 10134 of them.
6. I give money to street people.
7. I thought I was 57 last year.
8. I know how to roast a chicken, a salmon and a rack of lamb, but prefer not to.
9. I look for the moon and four leaf clovers.
10. I have a personal practice that nourishes me.
11. I am teachable â€” but I have to want to learn.
12. Iâ€™m also lazy and can waste a day with no regrets.
13. Iâ€™ve learned to go where I am celebrated, not tolerated.
14. Life without dog is hard.
15. There is a tree in the yard with the names of people I have loved hanging on the branches.
16. My favourite flower is lilac; honeysuckle is good too.
17. Some times I am very inappropriate.
18. Iâ€™ll take a road trip with Ken any day.
19. I donâ€™t do math.
20. I do cry and miss them when they die.
21. I met Ken in New Mexico, we married in Colorado, lived in Oregon and immigrated to Canada.
22. I am done looking for god.
23. I have lived in 17 states and one province.
24. I was once known as Ruthie Morgan.
25. Going green bores me.
26. I love a good surprise.
27.Â $3.99 is not too much to spend on an app.
28. The fact that I know what an app is – is a surprise!
29. I still love Facebook.
30. Iâ€™ll listen to Denny Crane over Larry David anytime.
31. I love my job at the O.
32. Iâ€™ve had the same best friend for over 35 years.
33. I hang my arm out the window, put my feet on the dashboard and sing really loud on road trips. (Donâ€™t you?)
34. There is no such thing as not needing new shoes.
35. I really donâ€™t mind it when Ken and Peet snore.
36. I love the cuss word: Asshat! Actually, I love to cuss.
37. Iâ€™ve never seen photos of the tsunami that hit Japan or the one on boxing day in 2004. I wish I never saw the photos from 9/11. But, I do look at Jim’s photos everyday.
38. I would like to see a giraffe in the wild.
39. There is not a lot of difference between my public and private notebook.
40. I rode an elephant on my 30th birthday and saw a bear the day before my 57th.
41. I no longer care about getting a formal education.
42. Or weighing 130 pounds.
43. Or mastering anything.
44.Â I never wanted children and am grateful I never had any.
45. Ken is my second husband. Peet is our third cat named Peet. I’ve had three dogs; Laska, Lucy and Cricket. I want another.
46. I will sing backup like a do-wop girl or a Pip.
47. We will make a JanJimJam CD of the Yang weapons drills. (I’m taking to you Jim!)
48. Iâ€™ll get a tattoo of a rhinoceros.
49. Todayâ€™s Step will be in the aftercare programs of treatment centres EVERYWHERE.
50. I might get a cell phone.
51. Weâ€™ll move to a house with a panoramic view.
52. Iâ€™ll dance in a flash dance or maybe a play.
53.Â My favourite food is a blueberry stuffed in a raspberry; bacon is good too.
54. I did the splits at 30 mph water skiing and had to learn how to walk again. Sometimes I still limp.
55. I have two brothers I rarely see, and one stepbrother I met last year. I have two step sisters and a half brother I wouldnâ€™t recognize if I saw them on the street.
56. My grandmaÂ was always on my side.
57. I love having a birthday and a place to post this.
and one to grow on…
58. I reserve the right to change my mind about anything!